1. The Charlevoix Trout Tournament, Inc. will start at 5am Friday June 8, 2018 and will end at noon on Sunday June 10, 2018. The official time for the contest will be the clock displayed at the weigh-in station located at East Park, Downtown Charlevoix. All fish must be in the weigh-in corral by noon Sunday. The weigh-in corral will be open 11-1:30pm and 8-10:00 pm Friday and Saturday and 9am to 12 noon on Sunday.
2. Registrant fees for the Tournament will be $30 per adult (before May 24th) $35 per adult (after May 24th)and $10 for ages 6-14. Those 5 years and under are FREE but must register. Each PAID registered entrant will receive a t-shirt and one chance in the Grand Prize drawing.
3. You ARE allowed to pre register or register for another person.
4. Each Contestant agrees to abide by official rules & state fishing regulations upon signing the registration form. Failure to observe any rule will result in disqualification. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times. Please abide by no wake zones. Boats must be equipped with Coast Guard Approved equipment.
5. There will be a mandatory captains meeting at 8pm Thursday, June 7th at the East Park band shell. Each boat captain will receive a weigh-in card at the captains meeting. If you are unable to attend the Cpts. meeting, you must contact a tournament official at 231-675-7623 or 231-330-0867.
6. You must have your captain’s weigh-in card prior to fishing and you must have your weigh-in card to weigh in fish. There will be no exceptions.
7. Each paid entrant is entitled to only one prize in each division and one grand prize drawing. (Must be present to win Grand Prize)
8. Each catch must be verified by a registered witness to the catch. Every person fishing in the Charlevoix Trout Tournament, Inc. must be registered whether on shore or in a boat. A minimum of 2 registered persons must be in the boat at all times. Everyone in the boat must be registered.
9. All fish entered must be whole and contain no foreign matter. Coolers must have block or bagged ice, no water or loose ice allowed. No gaffed or snagged fish will be eligible for any prize. Each fish is subject to opening for inspection at the discretion of the judges.
10. All fish must be weighed in at the official weigh-in station located in East Park, Charlevoix. Passing Fish boat to boat is prohibited.
11. SIZE LIMITS: All Fish must be a minimum 20”.
12. Please be courteous of others, i.e. keep a safe distance from other boats. The use of planer boards is discouraged.
13. Any fish may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Charlevoix Trout Tournament Board of Directors.
14. Any angler citied by the law for a fishing violation may be disqualified.
15. Winners will be determined by the weight of the fish. The decision of the judges will be final. In the event of a dispute or in the event of a tie, first fish weighed in will be declared the winner.
16. Any contestant wishing to officially protest the conduct or score of another entrant must do so on or before 12:30pm Sunday, June 10th. The decision of tournament directors is final. MC#’s or boating registration #’s must accompany all protests.
17. Awards ceremony starts at 1:00pm Sunday June 10th and you must be present to win grand prize drawing.
18. A map is provided to each entrant and shows the Lake Trout refuge. Possession of any Lake Trout is prohibited while fishing in the refuge. (shaded area of the map)
19. The boundary lines are: All of Lake Charlevoix, Round Lake, Pine River Channel, and Lake Michigan from Norwood 45° 13’ N to Seven Mile Point 45° 30’ N (Stutzmanville Rd), including all of Little Traverse Bay. Shoreline fishing and pier fishing are approved. Lake Bay Harbor and rivers streams are not considered legal fishing waters. West boundary on Lake Michigan 86° W.
20. CANCELLATION: The Charlevoix Trout Tournament, Inc. Committee may cancel the tournament for any reason. An announcement will be made at 10:00am and 10:30am, over Marine Channel 9 opening morning of the tournament. In case of a cancellation or suspension of the tournament, it is mandatory to monitor the above channel. In case of bad weather –4 hrs of fishing will constitute a full day, 1 full day will constitute a Tournament.
21. In agreeing to participate in the Charlevoix Trout Tournament and it’s activities and being aware of dangers that may befall mariners and fisherman you will waive and release any responsibility of the Charlevoix Trout Tournament, Inc it’s representatives, members of the Board of Directors, employees, agents and sponsors.
22. Spirit of the Rule: All rules have some “loopholes.” In the interest of good sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that “Spirit of the Rule” will prevail in all judgment. Disqualifications for any reason will result in forfeiture of entry fees.
23. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decline entry/participation by any person deemed necessary to ensure the integrity of the tournament.